Tuesday 26 April 2011

Beginnings

Like most artists, when it comes to creativity my mind is chaos. I dabble in everything, change my mind halfway, lose patience and then get obsessed with something new. Any order that i try to impose gets ripped apart, intentions and ideas get lost, lessons learned get forgotten and rediscovered years later. It's true chaos and there is never enough time to do everything you wanted to.

For me, art is just a hobby and as such it often has to take a back seat. Yet it drives my life, always lurking just underneath everything i do and feel. Waiting for that moment when it takes over. I made a choice to keep it for myself, to not make it into a profession where it might become a burden, to not force it in a box full of constraints and expectations. And so it roams free, unbridled, always looking for some outlet into my reality... always looking for some inspiration.

And that is what i live for - that moment of inspiration where the rest of the world melts into nothingness. All mundane routines, thoughts and anxieties get replaced with vibrant color, shape and texture. That sensory overload that paralyses and resonates through every fibre of my being.

So this is my creative journey of finding that inspiration, trying out new things, making mistakes, learning, looking back and reminiscing. I just need a way to capture it. Like a meticulously drawn map of the seas. Like a butterfly pinned to a board. Cruel, i know. You can't box inspiration. You can't put it in a jar for later use. You can't cut it to size and fit it in a blog. But you can damn well try!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome! Lovely to see you in blogspace. I'm actually really interested in seeing how your discoveries and creations will bleed through into my own, although we work in very different spaces, i can see your ideas on colour etc helping me learn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome first post! I look forward to being an avid reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stani - how awesome hey?

    ReplyDelete